AUSTRALIAN CHERRY INDUSTRY BROCHURE
Glama Pak and Visy have been a great supporters of the Australian cherry industry for many years and as the industry continues to expand, they will continue to provide customers with the innovative, protective and eye-catching packaging, meeting the needs of both domestic and international markets.
Friday, 15 September 2017
Australia’s vast continent, regional environmental conditions and significant commitment and investment to the effective management of Mediterranean fruit fly and Queensland Fruit Fly provides for internationally recognised fruit fly pest free areas to facilitate trade of horticultural commodities susceptible to these pests. To watch the short video produced by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, follow the Find out More link which will take you to YouTube.
Wednesday, 6 September 2017
$3.8 million in competitive grants funding for innovative climate change mitigation and adaptation projects across Victoria, with a focus on regional areas. Successful projects will receive $50,000-$300,000 in funding.
Projects could include:
- on farm water/solar/pump tech innovations
- weather station warning networks, soil moisture probes - to warn against local climate thresholds, avoid nitrogen when soils watelogged (nitrous oxide benefits etc)
- innovations that reduce soil erosion/soil carbon losses or grow it
- innovative use of agri-waste to provide local heat/energy solutions
- livestock data systems that reduce turnoff times
- maybe fund deployment/pilot of some equipment or tech that complements existing projects
or any project with an adaptation component, or emissions reduction focus - or both!
Friday, 1 September 2017
After the good news that Vietnam will be improving its import protocols for Australian cherries ahead of the 2017-18 season, preliminary crop forecasts are looking very positive too.
OUR ASSOCIATE MEMBERS FOR 2016/17
To find out more about our associate members please visit their website.
- AustSafe Super
- BBC Technologies
- Colin Campbell Chemicals
- C.T. Freight Pty Ltd
- Graham's Factree
- Sumitomo Chemical Australia
- Tanuki Pty Ltd
- Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture
NEW Portal for export registered growers, CEWG and CGA members
Navigate to "Member Associations" using the menu at the top of the page, then select "Member Area" from the drop down list. Login to the NEW "members" section using your email address and the password that was sent to you.
CGA's comprehensive export manual clearly explains export market requirements to over 20 countries.
For access, contact CGA.